Permanent : Municipalty Flat No.1, Patrapara
Orissa, India, 770 001
Present : State Unit Office-Delhi
Central Ground Water Board
of Water Resources
JamNagar House, ManSingh Road.
110 011, India
Residence : 307, Minto Road Hostel (Old),
Minto Road, New Delhi, 110 002
FATHER'S NAME : Mr. Sunil Kumar Purohit
DATE OF BIRTH / PLACE : 30th August, 1977 / Sundargarh, Orissa
NATIONALITY / RELIGION / SEX: Indian / Hindu / Male
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :
% of Mark
Sainik School Bhubaneswar C.B.S.E
12th 1995 Sainik
School Bhubaneswar C.B.S.E
Govt. College Sundargarh Sambalpur Univ.
University of Delhi University of Delhi
Presently Persuing Ph.D under University of Delhi, Department of Geology
CURRENT STATUS :
Research Scholar under Prof. D.M.Banerjee (Department of Geology, University Of Delhi) Topic:
"Causes of Arsenic contamination in parts of West Bengal and Bangladesh with special reference to Joypur village in
Barasat Block, N-24-Parganas,West Bengal, India"
Presently working in the Central Ground Water Board, under the Ministry of Water Resources as Scientist
'B' in the State Unit Office-Delhi, 18/11, JamNagar House, ManSingh Road, NewDelhi.
- National Scholarship from The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India for the year 1998-2000.
- Junior Research Fellowship, CSIR-NET, Year-2001
- DAAD Scholarship under Sandwich Model Scheme, Yr-2003-2004 in the Institut fur Geologie und Minerologie, Friedrich-Alexander-Universitat
Erlangen, Nurnberg, Germany under the DAAD Sandwich Model Scheme with Prof. Dr. H.J.Tobschall.
COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE :
- Programming in Basic, Fortran 77
- All Windows based application, Office-Xp........
- Map Info-6 (Professional), ERDAS 8.5, Arc View-3.2
- Geological application Softwares like DATAMINE, ROCKWARE (Datacore), Stereonet, GWW (Groundwater), Aquachem, etc.
- Hydrogeological database Software like GEMS, GW-DES
FIELD WORK :
Geological Mapping in an around the areas of
- Gopalpur Opencast Coal mines, M.C.L. (Orissa), Yr-1996 (2days)
- Khandadhar BHQ Group (Orissa), Yr-1996 (1day)
- East Coast Buxite deposit (Orissa), Yr-1997 (3days)
- Indian Rare Earth, Gopalpur (Orissa), Yr-1997 (3Days)
- Bandalamottu Pb-Zn mines (A.P.), Yr-1998 (4days) Underground as well as Surface
- Mangampeta Barite deposit (A.P.), Yr-1998 (2days)
- Ramagiri Gold Mines (A.P.), Yr-1998 (4days) Underground as well as Surface
- Dehradun and Sahashradhara (U.P.),Yr-1998 (7days)
- Hydrogeological Field work in the state of Himachal Pradesh
- Extensive Field training in Zawar Group of mines, Balaria, (HZL) from 07-06-2000 to 04-07-2000
(28days) on Sampling techniques & Processing (Channel, Core, Boxhole), Ore reserve Estimation, Underground Mapping, Drilling
- M.Sc. Dissertation in Aquifer parameter evaluation in the hard rock terrain of Delhi and adjoining
- Worked as a Consultant Geologist in Phelps Dodge Exploration, India Pvt. Ltd. For a period
of 4 1/2 month.